AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday, March 2, 2009

It's an honor just to be nominated.

Blog written by Simon (Senior stylist at Hairroin Salon)
Driving to the Roosevelt Hotel and looking for parking hours before the beginning of the oscars, was not the easiest thing to do. Because of the security, I had to park about six blocks away, and walk with all my tools and product.
I entered the lobby of the Roosevelt a little sweaty and nervous about what awaited me. We had been called by the concierge and informed that two women needed hair and makeup done because they would be attending the prestigious event. I was instructed on what room to go to, given a key that allowed me access into the elevators, and before I knew it I was whisked up eight flights to a room number I had written on the back of some Roosevelt Hotel stationary.
I was greeted at the door by the sweetest two women I've ever met. One was from Australia and the other from New Zealand. They had won a "hollywood dream trip" in which they had to explain a time that their best friend had done something horrible to them. They told me the winning story, which reminded me of how many horrible things I've done to my friends, and we cracked up and got started.
I did two very elegant looks on them, to keep with the whole hollywood starlet vibe their weekend demanded.
Stacy was there to hold it down on the makeup end, which she did a phenomenal job at, and the two women were transformed into even more delights then when they opened the door.
They thanked us and we were on our way. By the time I got back to my VW, I realized that the walk back had seemed so much shorter.
There's something about helping somebody reach their true potential that makes all the walking, and stressing, and not knowing, melt away to the point that allows me to I reflect on how special my job is. Getting to do hair that is going to be walking down the red carpet! How cool!
I only hope our two starlets had as much fun with us as we did with them.

Hairroin Salon
323.467.0392
www.hairroinsalon.com

No comments: