AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Davines World Wide Hair Tour

blog written by Marcy (Master Stylist at Hairroin Salon)
The Davines world hair competition is coming up again, I can't wait to get my shoot underway. Last year they didn't have it so I was surprised to hear that it's on again. I was the winner for North America two years ago and I got to go and compete in Barcelona with 10 other people for Asia, Europe and South America. I had to do a cut and color on stage with a model - it was a little nerve wracking... I was not the winner of the entire event, but it was ok with me. The winner gets to go back to the competition the next year and have 15 min. on stage to do what they think is inspirational. I was Pregnant and would not have been able to go anyway... So fast forward to this year and my photoshoot... I will be shooting Beatrice (another stylist at Hairroin) again- she's the best model- I think I will be doing a really simple idea of cute pencil jeans with suspenders or a jumper with lots of lashes and just her cute ass haircut. I am using a white screen and brite lights. I hope
it will be fast and easy... I love the team I am working with - Steven Barston -photographer and Noel Nichols doing make-up. I'll let you guys know how it turns out...

here is a photo of last year's entry

photographed by Steven Barston, model is Beatrice and makeup by Noel Nichols

Hairroin
323.467.0392
www.hairroinsalon.com

No comments: