AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday, August 3, 2009

Karla Deras + Irene

I came across a new website recently... www.HAIRONTHEBRAIN.com. One of my clients was featured on it, Karla from www.KarlasCloset.com for having a stylish haircut done by yours truly. If you havent gone to Karlas website, you need to. That girl is on top of whatevers HOT right now. When I got the link that featured Karlas haircut I responded to the blog host, and she was happy to give me an interview. The first of many hopefully. Here are the links check them out and feel free to leave a comment.
Thanks for all your support!
-irene@hairroinsalon.com

http://www.haironthebrain.com/2009/07/karlas-haircut/
http://www.haironthebrain.com/2009/07/getting-the-cut/comment-page-1/#comment-1078


www.haironthebrain.com
www.karlascloset.com


Awhile back I wrote about Karla of Karlascloset.com and her inspiring haircut. I truly fell in love with this cut, and it seems like quite a few of you did too.
Well, I have good news! Karla’s stylist Irene from Hairroin Salon in Hollywood is here to share her tips and tricks for achieving Karla’s hairstyle. So now you can get this amazing look for yourself.
Hair On The Brain: Karla’s cut is one of my favorites. What was the inspiration behind it?
Irene: Karla brought me pictures of Rihanna and Agyness Deyn, and we kinda melted the two looks together. Right now that is a big trend, men are wearing longer, shaggy, loose textured shapes, and women are wearing structured shorter shapes that still have a soft femininity to them.

HOB: For readers interesting in getting a similar cut, what would you recommend?
Irene: Well, if you have thick, wavy textured hair (like Karla) then ask your stylist for a ’straight-razor’ hair cut. I used a Bumble & Bumble razor cut as my foundation to create this shape. If you have a finer/thinner texture, then I suggest having your stylist use shears instead. A straight razor helps to remove weight, so on fine hair it could make it too stringy.

HOB: What is key to maintaining this look once you leave the salon?
Irene: Products! Products! Products! I used Sebastian Shine Define Hairspray and a flat iron to place the loose curls in the top section, and finished with Sebastian Craft Clay to give the style some matte texture. I love using matte products because it doesn’t look like you have anything in your hairstyle.
HOB: Is upkeep tricky for this length of hair?
Irene: Not at all, but the trick is to texturize the shape EVERY OTHER visit to the salon. That way you don’t end up with shredded hair.
HOB: What will be the big hair trends for fall?
Irene: Deep set hair-gelled side parts or up dos that are off the face. I’ve also seen a lot of headbands lately.
Major thanks to Irene and the always rad Hairroin Salon for this interview. And of course, thanks to Karla for being a great source of inspiration.

Hairroin
323.467.0392
www.hairroinsalon.com

No comments: