as seen on behindthechair.com
Hollywood Style Awards How-Tos from Janine Jarman
By: Kerri Lee
Janine Jarman, from the hip and trendy Hairroin Salon on Hollywood, CA knows a thing or two about what’s hot and what’s NOT in hair and fashion! She’s one ofSebastian Professional’s “it-girls,” and she recently got to present 90210 vixenJessica Lowndes with the “Breakout Style Visionary” award at Hollywood Lifemagazine’s Hollywood Style Awards in Los Angeles.
Want FREE Tips Daily? Become a Free Member of BTC Now!
“We’re thrilled to be a sponsor of this year’s Hollywood Style Awards and to present Jessica Lowndes with our ‘Breakout Style Visionary’ award,” said Reuben Carranza, Director, NA Professional Salon, P&G Salon Professional prior to the event. “All of the people presenting and nominated are the visionaries who help influence and shape what’s next in fashion everyday, so we’re in great company.”
Sebastian Professional was backstage helping keep the stars’ tresses red carpet ready all night long. Partnering with the stylist team from local Hollywood salon, Hairroin Salon, the Sebastian suite was stocked with the latest haircare must-haves for onsite touch ups and styling. Jarman has provided us with some simple how-tos for you to recreate these young starlet looks just in time for the holiday season!
Jessica Lowndes’ Smooth and Sultry Pony:
1) Prep wet hair with Sebastian Professional Whipped Crème styling mousse. Blow dry and wrap dry the entire head so hair lays soft and smooth.
2) Create a center part, with a rattail comb for dramatic division.
3) Emulsify a dime-sized amount of Sebastian Professional Matte Putty and begin smoothing the hair back with hands and a soft bristled brush.
4) Fasten ponytail just above nape with a hooked rubber band for maximum grip.
5) Finish with Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity to tame wisps and flyaways for a sleek and sophisticated ponytail.
The Style Siren--Kim Kardashian:
1. Prep wet hair with Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte for thermal protection and lift.
2. Using a paddle brush, and over directing, completely blow-dry hair.
3. Using a 1-inch barrel iron, curl sections of hair in the same direction, towards the face.
4. Spray each section with Sebastian Professional Shine Define hairspray for flexible hold and additional heat protection.
5. Tuck the “camera-side” hair behind the ear and fasten with two bobby pins.
6. Apply a drop of Sebastian Professional Liquid Gloss to palms and run through ends of hair.
7. With a soft brush, brush all of the curls together for smooth, sensuous waves.
8. Finishing with Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity for weightless hold.
Katie Cassidy’s Chic Chignon
1. Start with dry hair and a tight, smooth ponytail at the top of the head.
2. Set hair with a 1-inch iron, spraying hair with Sebastian Professional Shine Define for heat protection and hold.
3. Clip curls aside until they’re cool .
4. Unclip and smooth and polish each curl with a dab of Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber for touchable, malleable texture.
5. Pin weft to ponytail for added height, drama and size.
6. Arrange curls looping in and out of one another, and fasten sections with bobby pins around the weft.
7. Finish with Shaper Fierce for maximum staying power and Sebastian Professional Halo Mist for weightless shine.
Beachy Babe Lauren Conrad:
1. For root volume, prep wet hair with Sebastian Professional Whipped Crème and blow dry using a round brush.
2. Spray dry hair with Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity for light, flexible hold and then wrap-curl hair with a 1 ¼-inch iron.
3. Pull ends of hair down as you curl to stretch the curl out, and reverse direction every time for casual, natural curl.
4. Apply Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber to braids for textured control.
5. Section two front pieces of hair at eye-level, behind each ear, and braid to back of head.
6. Fasten the two braids to back of head with a small clear rubber band.
7. To finish look, distribute a nickel-sized amount of Sebastian Professional Matte Putty through the ends to keep the look light and “beachy”.
An-ya’s 60’s Throw-Back
1. Apply Sebastian Professional Thickefy Foam to wet hair and blow dry.
2. For a “foxy blowdry”, twirl hair sections around a round brush and let cool for a slightly curly blow out.
3. Once dry, part hair from ear to ear and backcomb at roots, over-directing the hair.
4. Fasten parted sections in the back of head with bobby pins.
5. Spray Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper to finished look for humidity-resistance and lasting hold.
6. For celeb-worthy shine, spray with Sebastian Professional Trilliant for a look that rocks.