AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Congratulations to Mateo - new Junior Stylist at Hairroin Salon

Mateo has just recently been promoted from Assistant to Junior Stylist, let's get to know him a little better...



Q: When did you first know you wanted to work with hair?

A: I decided to do hair 3 years ago. I was a graphic designer prior to becoming a hairdresser and simply fell out of love. I always was fascinated by hair and figured i should give it a shot and see if it was for me.


Q: How did you get started?

A: I decided to attend The Academy of Toni & Guy in Santa Monica. 



Q:
Who has been your Me mentor? What was their greatest piece of advice?


A: I have had several mentors throughout my career. Kealani Redfern is one of them. She was one of my professors In my academy. Also all of my Masters stylist here at Hairroin Salon who have taught me most of what i really know now. They inspire me every day by observing there quality of work, passion and creativity. 
-The greatest peace of advice i have gotten is "Don't Fake it, Make it".


Q:
What's your specialty? 


A: I like to think outside the box i am a creative person and often have ideas that are blunt, bold, and different. From short edgy cuts to long lovely layers both women and men but tasteful. When it comes to color i like a more natural approach with a Victoria Secret twist. Brunettes and Blonds are my victims of choice. 



Q:
What accomplishments are you most proud of?


A: The ones I have completed. 



Q:
Where do you hope to take this career in 5 years from now?

A: In 5 years from now I would love to be a mentor to others. I would like to be a creative director, and keep pushing my own goals and boundaries. It's a difficult question to answer because there is a lot I want to do in this field. A step at a time.

No comments: