AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday, May 25, 2009

Theater in LA.

Blog written by Patrick (Senior Stylist at Hairroin Salon)
Contrary to popular belief, Los Angeles is a theater town. The theater scene in Los Angeles is thriving and I am lucky enough to be involved. In March I worked with Nikki Del Homme designing the hair, wigs and makeup for the production of Ibsen’s “Ghosts” at The Noise Within Theater in Glendale. I was also fortunate to get calls for the Deaf West production of “Pippin” at the Mark Taper Forum and “Lydia”, designed by Carol Doran, also at the Taper. This spring also found me at the Pasadena Playhouse for “Stormy Weather” and “Mauritius”. I worked extensively with Harrison White to perfect his wig for the role of Herod in “Jesus Christ, Superstar” at the CLOSBC in Redondo Beach.
I love working with designers and actors to help create a look that moves the character forward in a subliminal way. So much of what we see on stage is synthesis between the senses. Actors, directors, designers collaborate on a vision of the production that transports the audience. I am proud to help with this journey and we all need to support the creative process to keep LA alive. Go out, see a show, write a show, get involved!

Hairroin
323.467.0392
www.hairroinsalon.com

No comments: